Learn Italian for Travel (online) – Monday evenings
Learn Italian for Travel! For Beginners & Travellers is designed for people who want to get the most out of their trip to Italy and students who want to start communicating with their family or friends. There are typical and most common scenarios that a beginner student or traveler will encounter on their trip to Italy. This course is designed to arm the student with knowledge that will be most relevant for their trip. It is an introductory course that teaches the four basic skills (speaking, listening, reading and writing) in the context of major themes in Italian culture. It is designed for those with little or no previous knowledge of the Italian language.
If you already have a basic understanding of the language, consider Italian for Beginners II.
What you will learn
- The instructor will also impart key, culture-specific tips regarding everyday life in Italy (e.g. hours of operation, restaurant etiquette, tip expectations, etc.) and how to communicate in a variety of social situations, such as meeting and greeting others, requesting information, ordering in a restaurant and asking for directions, talking about daily activities, describing what you do for work, writing and reading simple texts, talking about the things you like dislike, ordering a meal, and telling time
- Basic grammar structures such as articles and nouns, adjectives, and present tenses of regular and irregular verbs including meeting and greeting others, requesting information, ordering in a restaurant and asking for directions.
- Italian culture, including daily life, film, cuisine, and vacationing
- Travel-related vocabulary: includes specific words and phrases for travel, such as transportation, accommodation, and sightseeing.
- Italian cuisine: Italy is famous for its cuisine, so knowing Italian food and drinks is essential. This includes menu items, ordering food, and understanding regional specialties.
- Numbers and money: being able to count and understand money is crucial when traveling. The instructor will teach students how to ask for prices, make purchases, and understand currency exchange rates.
Benvenute e Benvenuti!
Textbook: Nuovo Espresso – The course consists of Chapters 1, 2, 3, 4
MONDAY evening, October 1 to December 11, 2023
6 pm – 8:00 pm PST
11 weeks – Classes meet once a week on Zoom
240$ (+ GST) Early Bird Rate available until September 15th
260 (+ GST) after September 15th
Please note that the school administration may cancel courses at any time due to low enrolment. Upon cancellation, registrants will receive a full refund.
For any further info about our cancellation policy please visit Cancellation & Refund Policy.
Anna is an international business consultant with extensive economic training. She graduated in 2001 cum laude in International Economics in Pavia and in Management International in Strasbourg (EM), she obtained a master’s degree in Strategic Marketing in London (2007) and an MBA in Buenos Aires ( 2016). Beside working 20 years as marketing executive and consultant in leading companies and in the promotion of Made in Italy in Europe, Asia and South America, Anna always cultivated her passion for italian culture, language and cuisine and is a certified language trainer (CEDILS -Ca’ Foscari) with more than 850 hours of university -level teaching experience. Her teaching mixes different approaches, integrating CLIL and TPR.
Hello everyone, I’m Eleonora. I come from Rome, and I was born in 1998. I have a bachelor’s degree in Tourism Management at University “La Sapienza” of Rome, however I have a strong passion for languages. I won an Erasmus Scholarship 2 years ago to study in Madrid for six months. Now I’m living in Vancouver, I’m studying at Canadian Tourism College, in the meantime I teach Italian at the Italian Chamber of Commerce. Teaching is my biggest passion, and I really hope it becomes my main job.