The Vancouver Italian Language School has been officially accredited as an authorized examination center for the CILS exams (Certification of Italian as a Second Language).
The accreditation has entered among the University for Foreigners of Siena with the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation and our School.
The CILS certification is a qualification that declares the level of linguistic and communicative competencies in Italian as a foreign language. The exams are designed to assess how learners use Italian to communicate in real-life situations.
CILS is the first certification of Italian as a foreign language to have adopted the system of six levels of linguistic and communicative competence proposed by the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
For candidates who require certification for Italian citizenship purposes (whether they are married to an Italian or are resident in Italy), CILS B1 Citizenship/ B1 Cittadinanza is the examination intended for them. Other B1 Level exams will not qualify for citizenship application. For more information about how to get Italian citizenship please visit the Consolato Generale d’Italia in Vancouver website. Exams are for all international students, Italian citizens residing abroad (descendants of Italian emigrants) and foreign immigrants to Italy. No particular academic title is required to take the exam.
Cils exam dates 2023
- OCTOBER 19th – 2023 Registrations will close on September 12th
- DECEMBER 5th – 2023 Registrations will close on October 16th
The cost for CILS B1 Citizenship will be 250$ + GST. This price includes the enrollment fee that will be paid directly to the University for Foreigners of Siena. An Early bird fee of 210 + GST will be available until August 31st.
How to register:
- Register here and send the receipt according to the instructions contained in the email.
- Send an email with your personal details (Last Name, First Name, Date, City and Country of Birth, Nationality, Second Nationality if any, A COPY is also required OF A RECOGNITION DOCUMENT – Passport, Identity card with photo – in PDF format ( ev. JPG) to email@example.com
- If you are interested in
About our CILS Test
More info about the test:
- The exam will be activated with a minimum of 5 candidates for all levels.
- The exams will be in person in a test center located in Vancouver downtown.
- Our exam administrators and teachers are trained by the CILS Centre.
- The exams are held as per the schedule established by the University for Foreigners of Siena, which is also responsible for the preparation and correction of the exams.
- We highly encourage anyone wishing to sit the B1 Cittadinanza exam to attend a 5-week preparatory course. The course is designed to consolidate knowledge and boost exam confidence, practicing and improving exam techniques. You will be asked if you would like to attend the course when registering for the exam.
CILS is a founding member of CLIQ (Italian Certification of Quality) and a member of EALTA (European Association for Language Testing and Assessment), the European association that aims to promote knowledge of testing and language assessment in Europe. In this way, the CILS Centre is committed to ensure the ethical management of the evaluation process.
Please notice that it will take up to 60 days (CILS B1 Cittadinanza) to get the exam results and that we are not able to post certificates. Certificates have to be collected by yourself in person or by someone on your behalf with a copy of your ID and an authorization approval form. Certificates will arrive about 3/4 months after the results.
For more info please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 604.682.1410 (M – F, 10 am – 4 pm)